Do You Qualify to Become a Pet Greyhound Owner
This questionaire has been developed to test yourself and see if you can provide a safe, loving environment for a Pet Greyhound.
1. Will your Greyhound be on a lead at all times ?
2. Will your Greyhound wear a muzzle when your are away from your property ?
When it is necessary
Only when there are other dogs around
When we feel like it
3. Does your fencing adhere to the council laws and suitable to keep your Greyhound safe ?
Most of my yard is fenced
My yard is fully fenced with 3 foot fences
I have 6 foot fences all around the property
I have no fences but will use a wire run
4. Will your Greyhound be left alone at any stage during the day ?
Under 1 hour a day
3 - 4 hours a day
4 - 8 hours a day
8 - 12 hours a day
5. Are you willing to let your Greyhound into the house ?
Occasionally - but there is an area outside where they will be very comfortable.
My Greyhound will have access to both inside and outside
The Greyhound will be kept inside at all times
6. Does your whole family agree that owning a Pet Greyhound is a good idea ?
Yes - all of the family agree
One of the family is not sure
Some are a bit hesitant
I am the only person who wants a Pet Greyhound
7. How many times would you take your Greyhound for a walk ?
Once a week
Three times a week
When I feel like it
8. How often do you think you will take your Greyhound to the vet for a checkup ?
Only when something is wrong
Every 12 months when his yearly injections are due
Every 2 years